If you’ve decided to tie the knot in the fall, there’s a good chance you’re all about the warm and cozy. And we don’t blame you! Autumn is everybody’s fave season for good reason. Cooler temps are in the air, the leaves are just beginning to change and everybody’s trading their flip-flops for ankle boots.
Plus, a fall wedding is an amazing excuse to integrate cozy throw blankets, hot chocolate and apple cider into everything. It’s also high time for some of the cutest bridesmaid dresses ever! If you’re struggling with how to style your best gals for fall, here’s some inspo for you based on this year’s top fall wedding colors.
Dusty Blues: A Cool Take on the Fall Wedding
When we think about fall, we often think about warm colors. Reds, oranges and yellows are indeed autumnal essentials, but they’re not the only colors that should be on your radar. This year, it’s all about the dusty blues. Here’s why we love this spectrum of stylish shades: It’s not your typical fall pick, but it still brings the soft, muted feel that you often get with traditional fall schemes. It also pairs perfectly with some of this year’s most popular fall accent colors, including burgundy, emerald and gold. These are this year's must-haves in the dusty blue bridesmaid dresses department:
- After Six 1512 — This gown features a dusty matte tone that’s perfect for a wide range of skin tones and accent colors. Your ladies will love the open back detail with crisscross spaghetti straps and the elegant trumpet skirt. It also comes in several of the most popular dusty bridesmaid dress colors, including dusty pink and dusty purple. Dust a move!
- Lela Rose LR243 — If you’re going for a fall romance vibe, you can’t go wrong with a little bit of dusted lace. This pretty, off-the-shoulder gown keeps things sophisticated and classy with its softly draped trumpet skirt and bodice done top to bottom in luscious Marquis lace. It also comes in various dusty hues, including suede rose.
- Jenny Packham JP1015 — Bring a little bit of autumnal glitz and glam to the table wth this luxurious chiffon gown available in an assortment of dusty hues. With a sweetheart neckline, a pleated overlay bodice and stacked mirror bead trim, this dusty delight is equal parts trendy and timeless.
Deep Hues: Classic with a Twist
If you want more of a classic but still updated fall color palette, consider dressing your besties in some deep hues and jewel tones. This year, it’s all about the navy, emerald, burgundy, mauve and ruby. The beauty of these shades is that they play perfectly to your cool-weather vibe, so they’re especially ideal if you’re hosting an autumnal affair somewhere that’s likely to be chilly in October and November and you want to warm things up. From emerald to gold bridesmaid dresses, these looks scream fall. Pair any and all of these hues with soft creams and blushes or dusty accent colors for a perfectly pleasing palette.
- After Six 6799 — This flattering floor-length gown is guaranteed to please your entire crew, thanks to the thick shoulders that make it supportive and bra-friendly. It features a stretch crepe feel that drapes just right, plus a cute low V-back for some 360-degree style. This gorgeous jewel-toned bridesmaid dress comes in a variety of fall-perfect shades, including burgundy and hunter green.
- Alfred Sung D745 — We love the plunging illusion neckline on this aubergine bridesmaid dress. The elegant chiffon knit construction, center front slit and pretty pleating add extra intrigue without being overdone. If you’re not a huge fan of the eggplant color scheme, this style comes in an assortment of dusty colors and jewel tones. Be sure to explore all our burgundy bridesmaid dresses for more.
- Dessy Collection 3027 — Try a little emerald on for size! This lovely fall bridesmaid dress bridges the gap between classic and up-to-date, thanks to the floor-length style and long sleeves coupled with a wrap-style top and side tie. It’s made of a jersey fabric that’s flattering and gives it a not-too-formal vibe.
Tying it All Together
The first step towards planning your perfect day is to pick a color scheme that captures your special vision. Once you’ve got that nailed down, it’s all about the fashion! Pull together your fabulous fall motif with all the fall wedding finishes you can dream of, from cozy plaid throw blankets to dreamy chrysanthemum bouquets. Just remember to be true to yourself and don’t feel like you have to adhere to a traditional fall theme if that’s not your thing.